Previous Summer Literary Series participants receive 25% tuition discount
Apply to SLS Georgia 2019
SLS enjoys its place as one of the most dynamic and innovative program of its kind, one profoundly affecting everyone who participates in its programs.
Learn more about SLS, and read how many of its participants over the years have cited the SLS programs as a life-changing experience.
We look forward to seeing you in 2019!
- Each submission must be original and accompanied by a non-refundable USD $150 deposit.
- A writing sample (prose: < 25 pages; poetry: 10-15 pages) is required with the deposit.
- You may attach your work as a Word or PDF document.
- Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript itself, please.
- Your privacy is important to us. We will never rent, sell or disclose your information to any third parties.
Application & Program Details
- Cost of Program
- The total program fee is USD $1950.
- This fee pays for faculty honorariums and location fees, and other built-in costs.
- The fee does not include meals, accommodations, and transportation to, from, and within Georgia.
- Application Deposit
- When submitting: a USD $150 deposit is required.
- This deposit is non-refundable.
- The deposit guarantees your place in the program.
- Payment Schedule
- May 15 or earlier: a second payment of USD $300 is due.
- June 15 or earlier: the remaining balance is due.
- Place in the program cannot be guaranteed unless payments are made on schedule.
- A limited number of need-based fellowships are available by emailing a short 2-3 paragraph statement of need (with supporting documents, if you wish) to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poetry Writing Sample
- Submit 10-15 pages
- Prose Writing Sample
- Submit no more than 25 double-spaced pages
- Past Applicants & Participants
- If you applied to the 2018 literary contest, you do not need to upload a writing sample.
- Fellowships received within the last 4 years by former contest participants can be applied to the SLS Program this year.
- Previous SLS participants are also eligible to receive a 25% tuition waver.
- Refunds & Cancelations
- All monies will be refunded in full to students who are not accepted into the program, or, if for any reason, the program is cancelled.
- June 5, 2019: All payments (excluding the $150 USD deposit) are fully refundable if a participant withdraws from the program voluntarily.
- June 15, 2019: A cancellation fee of $500 USD will be assessed for any cancellation after this date.
- No refunds will be made once the program starts, regardless of the student’s participation.