SPACE IS LIMITED! APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON
SLS is embarking on a new adventure, and we want you to join us. Beginning this summer in Lithuania, we will be offering a new kind of program, a new kind of community, a new kind of experience, split between the historic city of Vilnius and the white sand beaches of Nida. SLS has grown in sixteen years, and the writers we have worked with have grown as well. We wanted to find a way to keep our commitment to this community of serious writers by offering our SLS family a new way to approach their work. Our three tenets: Independent Writing, Mentorship, Professional Development.
At SLS Residencies, there are no mandatory workshops or lectures, but we do strongly emphasize mentorship and expert, individual feedback. We’re offering an intimate two-week program with three distinguished faculty, who will share their experiences, offer counsel, and commit 6-8 weekly hours to each participant’s work. Participants will also have the opportunity to participate in panels and talks on editing, publishing, and finding an agent, as well as accommodation at the SLS writing retreat in Nida, Lithuania, and immersion in the community to broaden their cultural view. At the end of the residency, each participant also receives two pages of final feedback on writing generated throughout the residency. There are only 20 spaces available for this unique literary journey.
- Six hours of individual, weekly consultation on manuscripts with an established writer in your genre.
- Intimate craft talks with experienced writers including a panel on publishing, agents, editing, freelancing, academia, and the industry.
- Private consultation with prominent editor.
- Accommodation at SLS Residency in Nida, Lithuania, on the Baltic Sea.
- Travel between Nida and Vilnius.
- Residency readings from with faculty and registrants.
- Two pages of final feedback on your polished manuscript after you leave.
Summers are short in this corner of Europe – the days are long and the nights are short. Outdoor cafes, cozy courtyard bistros and cool cellar taprooms abound in Vilnius' Old Town, and there are more winding streets, cobblestones, archways, bell towers, bridges, spires, steeples, and leafy parks with ancient oaks in Vilnius than you can aim a camera at. And we think the beaches of Nida speak for themselves. Come join us for the experience of a lifetime, a literary journey like no other.
Faculty to be announced soon! Spots are limited. Please feel free to direct any questions you may have to the SLS Lithuania Program Director, Ann Ward.